For more information on using the noise calculator, to access the user guidebook, or send comments, please visit the following page:
Day/Night Noise Level Electronic Assessment Tool
- To display the Road and/or Rail DNL calculator(s), click on the "Add Road Source" and/or "Add Rail Source" button(s) below.
- All Road and Rail input values must be positive non-decimal numbers.
- All Road and/or Rail DNL value(s) must be calculated separately before calculating the Site DNL.
- All checkboxes that apply must be checked for vehicles and trains in the tables' headers.
- Note #1: Tooltips, containing field specific information, have been added in this tool and may be accessed by hovering over all the respective data fields (site identification, roadway and railway assessment, DNL calculation results, roadway and railway input variables) with the mouse.
- Note #2: DNL Calculator assumes roadway data is always entered.