HUD Logo
Site Map         A-Z Index         Text   A   A   A
HUD   >   Program Offices   >   Housing   >   RAMH   >   RESPA   >   HUD RESPA Other Reference Resource Lists
Consumer Complaint Reference List

Federal Deposit Insurance
Division of Compliance
1730 Pennsylvania Ave
7th Floor
Washington DC 20429
(877) 275-3342

Handles complaints and regulates FDIC insured state banks which are not members of the Federal Reserve System.
Comptroller of the Currency
Compliance Management
250 E Street SW
Mail Stop 3-9
Washington DC 20219
(800) 613-6743

Handles complaints and regulates National Banks. (Usually have "National" in name or "N.A." after their names.)
Office of Thrift Supervision
Consumer Affairs Division
1700 G Street NW
Washington DC 20552
(800) 842-6929

Handles complaints and regulates Federal savings and loans, and also Federal savings banks.

Federal Trade Commission
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington DC 20580
(877) 382-4357

Handles complaints concerning most non-bank lenders, such as, mortgage and finance companies and state credit unions.
The Federal Reserve Board
Division of Consumer and
Community Affairs
20th and Constitution Avenue
Mail Stop 801
Washington DC 20551
(202) 452-3000
Handles complaints and regulates state-chartered banks and trusts. Also,administers Truth-in-Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and Fair Credit Reporting Act.

National Credit Union
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria VA 22314-3428
(703) 518-6300

Handles complaints and regulates National Credit Unions.
Department of Agriculture
Rural Development/Rural
Housing Services
Mail Stop MC-0783
Washington DC 20250
(202) 720-1474

Handles loans insured by Rural Development.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Consumer Affairs Service
810 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20420
(800) 827-1000
Handles complaints about loans guaranteed by Veterans Affairs.