Single Family Housing
Policy Drafting Table
Making it easier to do business with FHA Single Family
This "Drafting Table" page will be our resource for posting drafts of upcoming proposed policies and handbook sections going forward.
SF Handbook Cover
SF Housing Policy Handbook (SF Handbook)
FHA is in the process of developing a consolidated SF Handbook that, when complete, will:
- Be a single, authoritative source of policy,
- Use clear, consistent, more direct language,
- Align the flow of the SF Handbook to the mortgage process, and
- Make it easier to understand and implement policy changes.
The SF Handbook is being developed using a three-step “Post”, “Publish” and “Effective” process:
- Post – FHA will post the links to each SF Handbook section or sub-section for your review and feedback.
- Publish – After the “Posted for Feedback” period ends and we assess the feedback received, FHA will publish the final SF Handbook section content on HUDClips.
- Effective - FHA will provide a future effective date on which published SF Handbook content becomes effective policy and supersedes all other existing SF policy documentation on that topic.
Your input is important.
We value your feedback. We ask that you follow the instructions for reviewing and providing feedback listed on each content page, and then submit your voluntary feedback to us by the “due by” dates.