New & Recertifying Applicants
for FHA Nonprofit Approval
Nonprofit organizations that want to obtain HUD approval to participate as a FHA mortgagor, purchase HUD homes at a discount, or administer a Secondary Financing/Downpayment Assistance Program should call (800) CALL FHA (1-800-225-5342) and indicate that your organization would like to apply for approval to participate in FHA nonprofit activities. At the time of approval submission, you will be required to supply the following information:
- Your organization's legal name
- Legal address
- Executive director's name
- Executive director's phone number and email address
- Whether the organization is a nonprofit or instrumentality of government
- Date of the organization's 501 (C)(3) determination letter
- Whether your organization has a minimum of two years, within the last five years, of housing development experience. Housing development experience is defined as acquisition, rehabilitation, and sale to low-to-moderate income persons.
After submission, your organization will be contacted and provided instructions for accessing the online application system.
All current HUD-approved nonprofits who want to recertify, please contact the FHA Resource Center at (800) CALL FHA (800-225-5342) and state that your organization would like to apply for recertification. After the process is completed, the Nonprofit Data Management System (NPDMS) Help Desk will contact your organization to provide instructions for accessing the online application system, password and User ID. After obtaining your password and User ID, users can access the NPDMS by logging on at: http://support.yardi.com/hudacanp.asp.
Please submit all questions to the Single Family Resource Center at (800) CALL FHA (800-225-5342). All inquiries will be responded to in a timely fashion.