Homeownership Center Webinar Archives
This page contains links to the archived versions of previously recorded webinars presented by Homeownership Center staff. While HUD strives to ensure consistency among all four of the FHA Homeownership Centers the information contained in these webinars may contain geographical information specific to the HOC delivering the webinar.
In order to view the archived webinar you will need to click on your selected webinar’s Registration link, provide your registration information, and click on the Launch Webcast button that appears on the next page.
Webinars presented after October 1, 2012 are provided with transcripts for use by the hearing impaired. Once you enter register and launch the archived webinar, you can access the transcript by clicking on the Captions button below the presentation screen.
If you have any questions regarding the webinars archived on this site, please contact Dave Dwyer.
Webinar Archives List:
- Appraisal Frequently Asked Questions (Broadcast Live on 3/20/2013). This webinar addresses the most common questions FHA receives from appraisers specific to completing residential appraisals for FHA-insured mortgage purposes. Topics will cover a diverse blend of questions ranging from new construction, property inspection requirements, to the FHA Appraiser Roster. Appraisers with all levels of experience will benefit from this course. Webinar Duration: 1 hour, Course materials, Questions and Answers , Registration and Access to archived version.
- Basic Income and Assets (Broadcast Live on 2/28/2013). Webinar intended for mortgage professionals, including loan officers, underwriters and processors, new to FHA or who wish to refresh their knowledge of basic FHA income and assets underwriting policies. Topics will include effective income, rental income and the self-employed individual’s income. Acceptable sources of funds including gift fund and secondary financing guidelines will also be covered Webinar Duration: 1.75 hours, Basic Questions, Frequently Asked Questions, Webinar Poll Questions, Course materials, Registration and Access to archived version.
- Housing Counseling NOFA Training Webinar (Broadcast Live on 2/14/2013). This webinar from the HUD Office of Housing Counseling will discuss the FY2013 NOFA for HUD's Comprehensive Housing Counseling Program, and covers changes to the application process including the new charts, funding methodologies, the rating factors with information on specific charts, as well as submission requirements and other technical issues. Webinar Duration: 2 hours, Course materials, Registration and Access to archived version.
- 203(h) Home Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims and 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance (Broadcast Live on 1/24/2013).
FHA 203(h) Home Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims (Duration: first 30 minutes). This session will cover the purpose of the 203(h) Home Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims Program. Specific topics will include: a description of the Section 203(h) program, how the program can be used, the eligibility requirements, maximum insurable mortgages, closing costs, prepaid expenses, minimum borrower cash investment, mortgage terms, MIP payment, and refinancing policy. This basic-level course will take a look at the features and strategies needed to successfully determine if the program will fit previous homeowners’ who have been victims of a disaster. Participants will leave the course with a comprehensive understanding of the program requirements.
FHA 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance Program (Duration: 100 minutes). This session will review the components of the FHA 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance Program and discuss the features, as well as strategies needed to successfully underwrite these transactions. This basic-level course is designed for loan officers, processors, brokers, agents and anyone new to FHA or seeking a basic and general overview of FHA/HUD’s mission and single-family insured loan programs. Participants will leave the course with a comprehensive understanding of the program. Webinar Duration: 2.25 hours, 203(h) Course materials, and 203(k) Course materials. Registration and Access to archived version.
- Property and Appraisal Frequently Asked Questions (Broadcast Live on 1/22/2013). This FREE introductory webinar addresses the most common questions FHA receives from underwriters and appraisers on single-family property-related issues. The topics covered include: flipping, appraisal validity period, case numbers, REOs, manufactured homes, new construction, water and septic, attics and crawl spaces, lead based paint, termites, unique properties, and the appraiser roster. Transcript Provided for the Hearing Impaired. Frequently Asked Questions, Webinar Duration: 1.5 hours, Course materials, Registration and Access to archived version.
- AUS/TOTAL Scorecard (Broadcast Live on 1/16/2013). This free webinar will help you better understand the FHA TOTAL Scorecard general guidelines. Attendees will learn what they can and cannot do when reviewing files that have been scored through TOTAL. The topics will include how lenders can get set up in FHA Connection to use TOTAL Scorecard, what files should be scored through TOTAL, when to downgrade a file to manual underwriting, documenting files properly, common questions and answers, mitigating system errors and other basic guidelines. Transcript Provided for the Hearing Impaired. Frequently Asked Questions. Webinar Duration: 1.5 hours, Course materials, Registration and Access to archived version.
- Real Estate Owned (REO) Property Webinar (Broadcast Live on 10/24/2012). This FREE webinar provides underwriters, originators, real estate agents, and other industry partners with instructions to make the most of the remarkable opportunities available through HUD’s Real Estate Owned (REO) disposition program with a focus on underwriting and appraisal requirements. Topics covered include most recent updates and Mortgagee Letters, REO Contracts, Incentives such as the $100 down program, Good Neighbor Next Door, repair escrows, and various sample calculations. Registration is required. Transcript Provided for the Hearing Impaired. Course materials. Frequently Asked Questions, Webinar Duration: 1.25 hours. Registration and Access to archived version.
- 50 Most Common Appraisal Review Deficiencies (Broadcast Live on 8/23/2012). Did you know that FHA appraisals are reviewed for compliance with FHA requirements as well as USPAP? The Denver Homeownership Center provides a webinar on the 50 Most Common Deficiencies found in the review of FHA Appraisals. This webinar will provide an insight and understanding of the key areas of HUD Handbook 4150.2, Appendix D, and applicable mortgagee letters, relating to the completion of FHA Appraisals. Appraisers, underwriters, and loan processors new to the industry, as well as seasoned professionals looking for a refresher will benefit. Course materials. Frequently Asked Questions . Webinar Duration: 1.5 hours. Registration and Access to archived version.
- Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) (Broadcast Live on 8/2/2012). This webinar will provide an overview and updates to the HECM process to include HECM purchase transactions and refinances. Anyone in the lending and housing industry seeking to better understand the HECM process could benefit from this session. Course materials. HECM Frequently Asked Questions. Webinar Duration: 2 hours. Registration and Access to archived version.
- FHA Frequently Asked Questions and Hot Topics (Broadcast Live on 7/18/2012). This webinar will provide clarification to current hot topics and frequently asked questions (FAQs) in today's FHA lending environment. Covered topics will include: Credit Scenarios, Occupancy and Refinance transactions as well as most recent Mortgagee Letters. Course materials. FHA FAQs Webinar Poll Questions. Webinar Duration: 2 hours. Frequently Asked Questions from the Q&A session. Registration and Access to archived version.
- Refinance Webinar (Broadcast Live on 5/22/2012). This webinar will help participants better understand the FHA General Refinance guidelines. Topics discussed include streamline, cash out, rate and term, as well as refinances for borrowers in negative equity positions. Attendees will learn about the new changes outlined in recent Mortgagee Letters. Basic calculations will be presented in this training course for anyone wanting to improve their knowledge of refinances. Course materials. Refinance Frequently Asked Questions. Webinar Duration: 1.5 hours Registration and Access to archived version.
- Underwriting the FHA Appraisal (Broadcast Live on 4/25/2012). This Denver HOC sponsored webinar provides an overview of the responsibilities of the lender and guidance on how to underwrite Fannie Mae appraisal forms. This webinar is designed specifically for Underwriters and is not a technical appraiser training. Technical appraiser training will be offered at a later date. Course materials. Underwriting the Appraisal Frequently Asked Questions. Webinar Duration: 2 hours. Registration required.
- Preventing Mortgage Fraud and Foreclosure Scams (Broadcast Live on 2/28/2012). The webinar provides information on the detection and prevention of mortgage fraud and foreclosure scams and is a joint presentation of the Department of HUD, Federal Reserve Bank, Federal Trade Commission, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The intended audience includes: Mortgage Industry (lenders, housing counselors, real estate agents, appraisers); Regulatory/governmental entities; as well as Consumers. Course materials. Webinar Duration: 3 hours. Registration and access to archived version.
- Energy Efficient Mortgages (Broadcast Live on 2/22/2012). This webinar, presented by the Denver Homeownership Center, explains how to obtain the "present value of the energy saved." This training course provides real estate professionals, housing counselors, and lenders with an overview of the Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) process. Frequently Asked Questions for Energy Efficient Mortgages. Course materials. Webinar Duration: 1.25 hours. Registration required.
- FHA Basic Credit/Liabilities Underwriting (Broadcast Live on 1/26/2012). This webinar, presented by the Denver Homeownership Center, is intended for mortgage loan professionals, including loan officers, underwriters and processors, new to FHA OR who wish to refresh their knowledge of basic FHA Credit and Liability Underwriting Policies. Topics will include overall credit history and liability analysis, short sales and non-traditional credit guidelines. Course materials. Frequently Asked Questions for FHA Basic Credit/Liabilities Underwriting Webinar. Webinar Duration: 1.5 hours. Registration required with no fee.
- Property Inspection Requirements for FHA Appraisers (Broadcast Live on 1/17/2012). This webinar presented by the Denver Homeownership Center provides appraisers with property inspection requirements to include: neighborhood influences, site analysis, and improvements. Appraisers new to the FHA Roster, as well as seasoned professionals wishing to refresh their knowledge, will benefit from this in-depth look at property inspection requirements and HUD/FHA expectations. Course materials. Webinar Duration: 2 hours Registration