Temporary PHA Plan Submission Requirements
PHAs should submit the PHA Plan to their Public Housing Director and PHA Plan Point of Contact in the local field office via e-mail(s). The e-mail(s) should specify which documents are attached. Ideally, PHAs should zip the files to reduce the size of the PHA Plan attachment. If a PHA is submitting multiple e-mails, though, it should specify that there are multiple e-mails in each e-mail submission. If the PHA Plan or any significant amendment includes information about HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD), PHAs should copy the RAD inbox at RADPHAPlans@hud.gov. The field office will send a reply e-mail to the PHA notifying the PHA that they have received a complete submission. If documents are missing, the field office will notify the PHA of the missing information with a copy to RADPHAPlans@hud.gov.
What Is the PHA Plan?
The PHA Plan is a comprehensive guide to public housing agency (PHA) policies, programs, operations, and strategies for meeting local housing needs and goals. There are two parts to the PHA Plan: the 5-Year Plan, which each PHA submits to HUD once every 5th PHA fiscal year, and the Annual Plan, which is submitted to HUD every year.
Tools and Resources
Below are tools to help users in preparing their PHA Plan.
Read about PHA plan processes, guidance, and FAQs.
Winzip Instructions if Plans are to be zipped.
- Hold down the control key and select the file(s) you wish to zip.
- Right click on the highlighted file.
- Select Option 2 underneath Add to Zip file…
- Once your file is compressed, it will display in the WinZip screen and show you exactly how much your file was compressed.
- Select “OK”
- The new ZIP file automatically appears in your current folder.
- Right click on Zip file and select “Send to…”
- Select “Mail Recipient”.
- The Zip file will appear as an attachment in a new email.
- Send file as indicated in the instructions.