Temporary PHA Plan Submission Requirements
PHAs should submit the PHA Plan to their Public Housing Director and PHA Plan Point of Contact in the local field office via e-mail(s). The e-mail(s) should specify which documents are attached. Ideally, PHAs should zip the files to reduce the size of the PHA Plan attachment. If a PHA is submitting multiple e-mails, though, it should specify that there are multiple e-mails in each e-mail submission. If the PHA Plan or any significant amendment includes information about HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD), PHAs should copy the RAD inbox at RADPHAPlans@hud.gov. The field office will send a reply e-mail to the PHA notifying the PHA that they have received a complete submission. If documents are missing, the field office will notify the PHA of the missing information with a copy to RADPHAPlans@hud.gov.
Winzip Instructions if Plans are to be zipped.
- Hold down the control key and select the file(s) you wish to zip.
- Right click on the highlighted file.
- Select Option 2 underneath Add to Zip file…
- Once your file is compressed, it will display in the WinZip screen and show you exactly how much your file was compressed.
- Select “OK”
- The new ZIP file automatically appears in your current folder.
- Right click on Zip file and select “Send to…”
- Select “Mail Recipient”.
- The Zip file will appear as an attachment in a new email.
- Send file as indicated in the instructions.
PHAs must submit the completed template (form HUD 50075 as well as HUD 50075.1 and 50075.2 if applicable) and required attachments electronically through the Internet to HUD using the directions provided by HUD.
NOTE: HUD has posted a new streamlined Five-Year and Annual Plan template that is required to be used by PHAs whose FY begins 10/1/2008. HUD is permitting PHAs with FYB 10/1/2008 to submit the previous template with certifications in lieu of the new streamlined Five-Year and Annual Plan template. PHAs with FYB 12/1/2008 must use the new template.
When Are the Next Five-Year PHA Plans due?
||The next 5-Year Plan is due 75 days prior to the PHA's Fiscal Year Beginning (FYB). For upcoming due date, see the right sidebar. |
Helpful ToolsTo ensure that your PHA Plans is ready for submission, we've prepared the following documents: