The Housing Authority of the City of New Haven (HANH) has established the following broad local goals for its MTW program:
- Transform HANH's existing public housing portfolio
- Expand housing choice in all areas of New Haven as well as areas surrounding the city while maintaining New Haven's level of subsidized, affordable housing at 30% of rental units.
- Increase operating efficiency while improving marketability of HANH units.
- Strengthen cooperative efforts with area service providers to address resident needs through assessment, service matching and intervention.
- Create opportunities for economic development for HANH program participants.
- Expand resident involvement initiatives to promote community input, resident and agency accountability.
- Enhance HANH's management systems to ensure high performing agency status.
HANH currently administers roughly 2,800 public housing units and 4,400 Housing Choice Voucher units.
More info at: http://www.newhavenhousing.org
HANH signed its MTW agreement in 2001 and began to implement its MTW program in 2002. HANH executed the Standard Agreement in 2008, extending its participation in MTW until the end of its 2018 fiscal year.
MTW Activities and Information