Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC)
The Real Estate Assessment Center's (REAC) mission is to provide and promote the effective use of accurate, timely and reliable information assessing the condition of HUD's portfolio; to provide information to help ensure safe, decent and affordable housing; and to restore the public trust by identifying fraud, abuse and waste of HUD resources. More...
HUD recently performed a conversion of its websites to the new look..from red/white to blue/white. Please know that we are diligently working to stabilize our new website and correct ongoing issues. Also, notice the new vertical “Pull Down” topics for site navigation. Use of the Search Box will assist you in finding your desired subject. Please forward any questions or issues regarding this site to the email@example.com
. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter.
System Upgrade Release Schedule
PIH-REAC System Upgrade Release Schedule:
Rules of behaviour for HUD systems
- Friday November 2, 2012 - 8pm EDT
- Friday, November 30, 2012 - 8pm EST
- Friday, January 4, 2013 - 8pm EST
- Friday, April 26, 2013 - 8pm EDT
(NEW) PHAS Capital Fund Interim Scoring Notice Revised June 2012: Pursuant to this Notice, all PHAs for fiscal years ending 3/31/2011, 6/30/2011, 9/30/2011, and 12/31/2011 will receive the full five points for the Capital Fund occupancy sub-indicator.
NOTICE TO: SECTION 8 ONLY HOUSING AGENCIES/EMAIL SENT IN ERROR
On May 1, 2011, the REAC forwarded an erroneous email to Section 8 Only Housing Agencies that had already submitted their unaudited/audited financial submissions. This email sent to housing agencies with fiscal years ending June 30, 2010, September 30, 2010 and December 31, 2010, informed the housing agency that it failed to submit its unaudited/audited submission and would receive a Failure to Submit (FTS) indicator. Please disregard this email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
- This is to advise that the Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) Interim Rule has been published February 23, 2011 and will be effective for PHAs with fiscal year ending March 31, 2011. Instructions for PHAS scoring for PHAs with fiscal year ending December 31, 2010 has been published in the PIH 2011-13 (HA) notice. The management operations certification for December 31, 2010 PHAs are due by April 23, 2011. To review the Interim Rule and related information please check PHAS Interim Rule page
- Transition Year 2 PHAS scores for PHAs with fiscal year ending 06/30/09, 09/30/09, 12/31/09 and 3/31/10 will be issued via email from PHAS@hud.gov prior to 09/30/2010. The PHAS score publication will include all PHAs with completed sub-indicators scores (FASS, PASS, MASS & RASS) as of August 2010 with the exception of small PHA deregulation designation. If you have any questions, please contact the PIH-REal Estate Assessment Center, Technical Assistance Center, at 1-888-245-4860 or email to PHAS@hud.gov.
- Transition Year 2 Extension PHAs to be assessed list [Updated]
- Public Housing Agencies that are subject to receive a PHAS score and required to submit a Management Operations Certification during Transition Year 2 (For quarters 06/30/09, 09/30/09, 12/31/09 & 03/31/10). In addition, Transition Year 2 extension notice requires quarters 6/30/10 and 9/30/10 to submit Management Operations Certification.
- Transition Year 2 PHAs to be assessed list - PHA's with questions or concerns on any PHAS waivers should send emails to PHAS@hud.gov.
PHA's with immediate questions or concerns on MASS submission please contact REAC TAC at 1(888) 245-4860 or send an email to REAC_MASS@hud.gov.
- Asset Management Transition Year 2 information notice published in federal register January 12, 2010
- PHA Due Dates for Transition Year 2
- Public Housing Evaluation and Oversight: Changes to the Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) and Determining and Remedying Substantial Default
- Secure Systems Access Disabled after 90-days of Inactivity - HUD Handbook 2400.25, revision 1, Section 5.1 states, "User IDs will are disabled after a period of inactivity of no more than 90 days." Secure Systems will start implementing this policy starting November 1st, 2007, therefore all Secure Systems users must log on to Secure Systems to prevent the disabling of their account due to inactivity. If your account is disabled, please contact the Technical Assistance Center to reactivate your account.
- PIH 2006-33 [Related supplement] Changes in Financial Management and Reporting Requirements for Public Housing Agencies Under the New Operating Fund Rule (24 CFR Part 990); Interim Instructions. More related notices...
- PDF Reports in Schedule/View Inspections - Issue Resolved: As of May 1, 2006, the technical issue that prevented access to Inspection Summary Reports and Investor Reports via the "Schedule/View Inspections" link in Secure Systems has been resolved. Please contact the Technical Assistance Center(TAC) at 1-888-245-4860 if further assistance is required.