The Inspector Administration (IA) program manages inspectors who perform inspections for PIH-REAC, both through inspection contractors and for lenders of HUD-insured multifamily properties. IA assists in ensuring that families have strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes by monitoring the inspectors who are certified to conduct Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) inspections of properties that are owned, insured or subsidized by HUD. IA also collaborates closely with the REAC Physical Assessment Subsystem (PASS) Physical Inspection division and the Quality Assurance division (QA) to monitor UPCS certified inspector performance to make certain that UPCS inspections are conducted within a pre-defined acceptable quality level.
Inspector Administration Objectives
- Ensure REAC inspectors conduct accurate inspections;
- Monitor inspectors’ performance, taking timely corrections as needed;
- Improve the quality and availability of data to identify program and individual weaknesses;
- Eliminate the cost and inconvenience of unnecessary re-inspections;
- Assist UPCS inspectors in successful participation in the inspection process.