Need help buying a home? You may qualify for one of these programs.
- FHA - Over the past decade, more than 30,000 Alaska families have used FHA-insured mortgages to buy their homes. Maybe an FHA mortgage will work for you. Find out more about FHA's purchase mortgage, FHA "rehab & repair" mortgage, its energy-efficient mortgage or its reverse mortgage. It's been the "safe, sound and smart" way to go for 30,000 Alaska homebuyers. Maybe your family will be next.
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) - homebuyer programs, including downpayment and closing cost assistance
- Habitat for Humanity - through volunteer labor, builds and rehabilitates houses for families in need
- USDA Rural Development Office - homebuyer programs in rural communities
- Community contacts - find out if your community offers homeownership assistance
- Consumer Credit Counseling - get help with budgeting, debt management and credit issues
- Section 184 Indian Housing Loan Guarantee Program
- Rural Community Action Program, Inc.
- Municipality of Anchorage Department of Neighborhoods Affordable Homeownership Program
- Juneau Economic Development Council's Affordable Housing Trust Fund
- Alaska Community Development Corporation
Programs by City/Town
These Regional Housing Authorities offer housing opportunities to Alaska Native/Native American families across the state: