Serving Region IX: Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada
Region IX Recommended and Required Part 58 Environmental Review Formats
What form to use for a particular project?
- Exempt Activities:
If the activity falls under 24 C.F.R. 58.34: Level of Review (LOR) format only.
- Categorically Excluded Subject to Related Laws and Authorities(24 C.F.R. 58.35(a):
Level of Review (LOR), Statutory Worksheet
- Converts to Exempt: After the LOR and Statutory Worksheet are completed and signed, HUD funds for the project may be committed and drawn down and the project undertaken. The Responsible Entity (RE) is not required to publish a Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds (NOIRROF) or submit a Request Release of Funds (RROF), Form 7015.15 to HUD.
- Does not Convert to Exempt: After the Level of Review and Statutory Worksheet are completed and signed, publish the NOIRROF, after the comment period ends submit to HUD the RROF and affidavit of publication. See 24 C.F.R. 58.43, 58.45, & Subpart H.
- Categorically Excluded not Subject to Related Laws and Authorities:
If the activity falls under
- 24 C.F.R. 58.35(b)(1) – (6): Complete the LOR format only.
- 24 C.F.R. 58.35(b)(7): Complete the LOR format, the Authority to Use Grant Funds from the original project, and documentation that demonstrates compliance with 24 CFR 58.47
- Leasing on Behalf of Tenant(without Development or rehab): Complete the Environmental Review for Leasing Activities format for supportive housing activities where existing residential properties will be leased by a non-profit corporation, housing authority, or local government grantee on behalf of their clients. For these projects, only the Environmental Review for Leasing Activities format is required.
- Environmental Assessment for project that do not meet the thresholds in 24 C.F.R. 58.34 or 58.35: Complete the EA Format.
- Environmental Impact Statement: Complete for projects where a significant impact is found or activities meet the criteria in 24 C.F.R. 58.37.
Additional Information on the Appropriate Use for Each of the Formats
Resources for Environmental Review
Sign Up for a Mailing List