Providing the Pieces for Sustainable Homeownership
Sam Nunn Atlanta Federal Center, Atlanta, GA
April 25, 2011
Resources from this workshop are available to all and present many options for homeowners in Georgia seeking mortgage assistance to help them take control and resolve the particular challenges they face.
Slide presentations describe various programs, eligibility requirements, and how to access help.
The homeowner's best advocate and ally in the pursuit of understanding and successfully addressing mortgage issues is a trained housing counselor from a HUD-approved housing counseling agency. Unbiased, knowledgeable, and experienced, they offer foreclosure avoidance counseling free of charge. Beware of scammers who promise foreclosure relief or loan modification for a fee!
- FHA Loans - FHA Loss Mitigation Tools - Dan Rogers, Director, HUD Atlanta Homeownership Center
- HomeSafe Georgia: Mortgage Payment Assistance Program - Phil Foil, Deputy Commissioner, Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- VA Loan Assistance for Veteran-Homeowners - Mike Everett, Loan Administration Officer, Veterans Administration - Atlanta Regional Loan Center
- USDA Rural Development Loans Overview - Ed Peace, Director, Single Family Programs, USDA Rural Development
- Making Home Affordable Programs - Joseph M. Robertson, Senior Business Developer, Fannie Mae and Stacey M. Walker, Strategic Markets, Freddie Mac