HUD Logo
Site Map         A-Z Index         Text   A   A   A
HUD   >   State Information   >   Shared   >   Working   >   Groups   >   Farmworkers and Colonias   >   Becoming a Non-Profit
Becoming a Non-Profit

You'd like to get grants to help you do your work - right? Then you will need to form a "non-profit." You have a couple of options: you could find a sponsor that will serve as an umbrella organization for your group. Or you can incorporate to make your non-profit a separate legal organization to do business in Florida. In that case, you will need to file articles of incorporation with the Florida Department of State-Division of Corporations. You also may want to file with the federal Internal Revenue Service to be exempt from federal taxes.

Use the Resources presented in the red box to the right to help you decide if you want to form a non-profit and how to proceed, if you do. Questions? Call the HUD contact for your state.

Open Government Initiative

Learn more about HUD's Open Government Initiative

HUD Implementation of the Recovery Act

Learn more about HUD's Implementation of the Recovery Act

Making Home Affordable

[Logo: Making Home Affordable]

Learn more about Making Home Affordable
Innovation of the Day

[Logo: of the day]
Innovation of the Day