Note: Numerous projects in this Hub are not administered by a Contract Administrator (CA). These projects include all Project Rental Assistance Contracts (PRAC), Project Assistance Contracts (PAC) and non-subsidized projects, and are serviced by the Asset Management (AM) team.
HUD has contracted with three state agencies to perform Performance Based Contract Administration (PBCA) on Section 8 subsidies for insured and non-insured subsidized projects. Hub PBCA contact information
- HUD Offices are tasked to monitor, oversee, and provide technical assistance to new contract administrators, and assure that these properties continue to meet the Department's goal of providing decent, safe, and sanitary housing to low-income families.
- The Hub will assure the Department meets its financial obligations to owners as specified in Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contracts, and coordinate monitoring and oversight of CAs to guarantee they properly manage the project based Section 8 HAP contracts.
- The Contract Administrator Oversight Monitor (CAOM) and Project Managers (CA Team) will: (1) develop a CA performance monitoring and evaluation plan, and coordinate activities to execute the plan; (2) assure CAs provide data needed to evaluate their performance and the status of contracts they administer; and (3) coordinate audit activities associated with project based Section 8 Contract Administration.
- The principal focus of the CA Team is to monitor Contract Administrator performance, however, all issues related to the FHA mortgage will remain the direct responsibility of the Hub.
- The CA team is responsible for monitoring timely payment of Section 8 housing assistance to administrators and project owners. With input on CA performance from the Project Managers, the CAOM and the Financial Management Center will oversee the payment of administration fees to the CAs.
- For detailed information about the CA initiative, please visit the Section 8 Contract Administration page.
Many tenant complaints are no longer handled by the Office of Housing.
For additional information, or if you have questions regarding the organizational structure and requirements of this initiative as it directly relates to the operation within the Region X, Seattle Multifamily Hub contact Laura Cole, Contract Administration Oversight Monitor, (206) 220-6250