- Appraisers - Sources and Selection of General Certified State Appraisers for the Rent Comparability Study
- Contract Administrator
- Mark-to-Market Program - Mortgage Restructuring of Projects with Section 8 Assistance
- Renewal Tips
- Submit Renewal Packages to the Contract Administrator 120 days prior to contract expiration to avoid payment delays.
- If it's the first contract renewal, or has been five years since the last one, and you are required to include a new Comparability Study, start this process well before the 120-day deadline, so you can submit the completed study with your Renewal Package.
- Make sure the owner of record is available to sign documents.
- If renewing under Option Four of the Renewal Guidebook, note the following requirements:
- Must submit a budget, prepared according to HUD Handbook 4350.1, The Multifamily Asset Management and Servicing Handbook, Chapter Seven, Processing Budgeted Rent Increases (pdf/Word)
- Review monthly deposits (use this spreadsheet) to ensure you have enough in reserve to cover your Replacement Account
- Conduct a "lesser of" test (see Chapter Six, Renewal of Projects Exempted from OMHAR
- Rent Increase Notification - rights of tenants in HUD-insured and assisted housing to organize and participate in project operation (24 CFR 245)
- Special Claims
- Section 8 Renewal Policy
Frequently Requested Forms
HUD-52670 - Housing owner's certification and application
HUD-52670A - Schedule of tenant assistance payments due
HUD-52670A Pt 2 - Schedule of Section 8 special claims
HUD-52671-A - section 8 special claims for unpaid rent/damages
HUD-52671-B - section 8 special claims for vacancies during rent-up
HUD-52671-C - section 8 special claims for regular vacancies
HUD-52671-D - section 8 special claims for debt service