Here are additional resources in Tennessee that may provide critical services to homeless veterans.
- Continuum of Care Contacts - The Homelessness Resource Exchange is your online one-stop shop for information and resources on assisting people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Veterans Restoration Ministry - An organization for men and women who face life-controlling issues from all wars and assistance for the homeless
- Alpha Omega Veterans Services, Inc.
2430 Poplar Avenue, Suite 105
Memphis, TN 38112
- Fisher House-Murfreesboro - for families of patients receiving medical care at major military and VA medical centers
- VA facilities in Tennessee
- HUDVet state and local resources
- Operation Stand Down, Inc. - referral, counseling, employment, housing information; phone (615) 248-1981.
- Tennessee service providers - from the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans' Service Provider Network.
- Next Stage, Inc. - provides basic educational training for occupational skills, outreach, housing and referrals to homeless and under-served veterans
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System Homeless Walk In Clinics - assists with mental health or addiction issues, halfway housing
programs, permanent housing, employment and aftercare support. In Nashville, visit Monday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and Tuesday through Friday at 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Room A 444 at 1310 24th Ave., South, Nashville 37212. Get directions.
Nashville Campus-all services (615) 327-4751
York Campus-Murfreesboro (615) 864-6000
Nashville Homeless Services - Nashville Campus, call 615-873-7933 or 1-800-228-4973.
Veterans Re-entry Program helps Vets leaving incarceration get back into the community by providing pre- and post-release services – Nashville, call 1-800-228-4793.
- In partnership with the public housing authorities, the HUD and Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) voucher program provides a limited number of rental assistance vouchers. Veterans can call 1-877-424-3838 to find their local hospital to apply. Veterans can contact the HUD-VASH program directly, or obtain a referral from a case manager in another VA program, from a community program, or other referral sources. VA health centers in Tennessee are seen here.