Need help buying a home? You may qualify for one of these programs.
- Habitat for Humanity
- HOME Program Contacts in Tennessee - contact the agency in your area for information on local homeownership assistance programs funded by HUD's HOME Investment Partnerships Program
- Housing Assistance Council
- NeighborWorks - lists member organizations in Tennessee that provide assistance to homebuyers and homeowners
- Other local homeownership assistance programs - additional programs serving specific local areas in Tennessee
- Rebuilding Together is the nation's leading nonprofit working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize communities. Our network of more than 200 affiliates provides free rehabilitation and critical repairs to the homes of low-income Americans.
- Tennessee Association of Community Action - contact your local Community Action Agency for assistance programs that may help you attain housing goals, obtain counseling, seek weatherization assistance and emergency funding
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
(THDA) (THDA) maintains a list of trainers approved to teach homebuyers
about a home. The information is provided by county.
Programs - THDA's Homeownership programs are designed
for low- and moderate-income borrowers. Some programs include
- THDA Homeownership Voucher Program - THDA offers a Housing Voucher
(Section 8) to Homeownership Program covering most counties
in Tennessee. People who meet the guidelines may be able to
use their Housing Vouchers to buy homes.