Need help buying a home? You may qualify for one of these programs.
- FHA - Over the past decade, more than 275,000 Washington families have used FHA-insured mortgages to buy their homes. Maybe an FHA mortgage will work for you. Find out more about FHA's purchase mortgage, FHA "rehab & repair" mortgage, its energy-efficient mortgage or its reverse mortgage. It's been the "safe, sound and smart" way to go for 275,000 Washington homebuyers. Maybe your family will be next.
- Community Contacts - find out if your community offers HUD-funded down-payment or closing cost help"
- Washington State Housing Finance Commission (WSHFC) - homebuyer programs, including downpayment and closing cost assistance
- Habitat for Humanity - through volunteer labor, builds and rehabilitates houses for families in need
- USDA Rural Development Office - homebuyer programs in rural communities
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling - get help with budgeting, debt management and credit issues
- Washington Homeownership Center - free information and referral service. Call their Homeownership Hotline 1 (877) 894-HOME (4663)
- Washington State Community Action Partners - listed by county, offering various services including homebuyer education and/or downpayment assistance