HUD awards grants to organizations and groups for a variety of purposes. To participate in the HUD grants program, you need to be registered with Grants.gov.
To participate in the HUD grants program, you will need to be registered with Grants.gov, obtain a DUNS number and Register with CCR.
- NEWS Alert! The Grants.gov PMO has discovered an issue with the newest version of Adobe Reader XI
Applicants may encounter the following error that will prevent them from submitting their application:
"At least one required Field was empty. Please fill in the required field (highlighted) before continuing."
While we continue to investigate this issue, we recommend that if applicants encounter this issue, they submit their application using any version below Adobe Reader XI. Please refer to our compatibility table for additional information about supported versions of Adobe Reader.
Below are direct links to the Grants.gov website where the WebEx presentations can be viewed:
- Grants.gov - Is an interagency web site that lists all Federal grant programs. The Grants.gov Contact Center is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 518-4726. The center is closed on Federal Holidays. Phone: (800) 518-4726.
- Data Universal Numbers System (DUNS) - A DUNS number is a unique nine character identification number.
- System for Award Management (SAM) Users - System for Award Management (SAM) is the primary registrant database for the U.S. Federal Government. SAM collects, validates, stores, and disseminates data in support of agency acquisition missions, including federal agency contract and assistance awards.
- Conducting Business in Accordance with Core Values and Ethical Standards (Code of Conduct). Applicants subject to 24 CFR parts 84 or 85 (most nonprofit organizations and state, local, and Indian tribal governments or government agencies or instrumentalities that receive federal awards of financial assistance) are required to develop and maintain a written code of conduct (see 24 CFR 84.42 and 85.36(b)(3)).
- Conforming Changes to Applicant Submission Requirements Comments - interim rule revises HUD regulations to reference the new government-wide Federal Financial Report (FFR), approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- Sustainable Communities Comments
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Guidance - find guidance on E-Government, Streamlining Activities Under P.L. 106-107, Grants.gov formerly eGrants, HUD Final Information Quality Guidelines, and Grants Management Line of Business.