Office of Housing Choice Vouchers
- (NEW) FR Notice on the Louisiana Disaster Waivers - The notice provides for the expedited review of requests for regulatory and administrative relief from PHAs located in areas affected by severe storms and flooding (disaster-declared areas) in Louisiana.
- (NEW) HUD-VASH PBV Awards - On November 14, HUD announced $18.5 million in awards for project-based HUD-VASH vouchers, funding over 2,000 hard rental units to be made available to homeless veteran families. This award will preserve affordable housing and ensure that persons who need services to live stably in their own homes receive them.
- (NEW) Section 8 Student Rule Guidance
- (NEW) Notice 2016-12 Funding Availability for Tenant-Protection Vouchers for Certain At-Risk Households in Low-Vacancy Areas – Fiscal Year 2016
- (NEW) HCV New Administrative Fee Formula Proposed Rule, Comments due October 4, 2016 - The Proposed Rule for the Housing Choice Voucher Program – New Administrative Fee Formula proposes a new methodology for determining the amount of funding PHAs will receive for administering the HCV program. The Proposed Rule is based largely on the recommendations of the HCV Program Administrative Fee Study, with modifications and feedback on the study provided in response to a June 26, 2015 notice that solicited comments on the study.
- (NEW) Family Moves Notice (PIH 2016-09) (June 6, 2016)
- Notice PIH 2016-08 Inventory Management System/PIH Information Center (IMS/PIC) Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Reporting and FSS Program Portability Provisions (May 06, 2016)
- Notice PIH 2016-05 Streamlining Rule (April 7, 2016)
- Family Unification Program and Family Self Sufficiency Demonstration (January 15, 2016)
- PIH Mobility Convening - January 2016
- HUD-VASH Extraordinary Administrative Fees Simplified with Sample Budget Request Form (August 4, 2015)
Webcasts & Broadcast Slides
Program Related Information
- (NEW) Portability
- (NEW) Housing Choice Voucher Program - CY 2016 Administrative Fee Rates
- CY 2015 HAP Set-Aside – Portability
- CY 2015 HAP Set-Aside – Maintain Leasing
- CY 2015 HAP Set-Aside – Veterans’ Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH)
- Q&As – 2015 HCVP Implementation Broadcast
- CY 2015 Housing Choice Voucher Program Renewal Allocations
- Housing Choice Voucher Program - CY 2015 Administrative Fee Rates
- Family Unification Program (FUP) webpage
- Non-Elderly Disabled (NED) webpage
- HCV Program Projection Tools: The objective of the Two-Year Tool (TYT) is to analyze a PHA’s utilization situation, which includes running basic leasing and spending scenarios to better inform decisions going forward in an effort to optimize the program over a multi-year period. There are many variables that affect a PHA’s HCV program, some outside of a PHA’s control and some that can be impacted by policy and operations; variables including Congressional funding, cost per unit trends, the rate at which participants leave the program (i.e. the attrition rate), and the rate at which vouchers are successfully leased (including both overall success and time-to-success). As such, many of the steps in this guide require judgment, as determining the value of projection variables can be subjective. The objective of the Payment Standard Tool (PST) is to analyze a potential payment standard change on both program participants’ rent burdens and the PHA’s program costs.
- Two-Year Tool: After logging in through WASS at this link, a PHA can now launch the Two-Year Tool and have it be automatically populated with data (e.g. funding, leasing, spending). Until now, PHAs had to manually input data, or obtain a populated version from the local HUD field office. Please review the Two-Year Tool instructions, as depending on your version of Microsoft Office, some settings may need to be adjusted. Any issues, please contact your local field office.
- Payment Standard Tool: Again, after logging in through WASS, a PHA can now access the PST.
- Accounting for the Retroactive Funding and Payments
- Rental Housing Integrity Improvement Project (RHIIP)
- Section 8 Management Assessment - SEMAP
- Family Self-sufficiency
- Homeownership Vouchers
- HUD-VASH Vouchers
- Data Sets
- Project Based Vouchers