The Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009 (Public Law 111-8) makes funding available for Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers for non-elderly disabled families served by public housing agencies with demonstrated experience and resources for supportive services.
- Funds Available - a link to download the NOFA can be found here. Please note: A Notice Correction has been published and can also be found here.
- NOFA FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions about applying for and administering FY 2009 NED Vouchers *Under Construction*
Only Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) may apply.
Open Date: April 7, 2010
Close Date: July 7, 2010
Contact Person: Phyllis Smelkinson at (202) 402-4138 or the NOFA Information Center at (800) HUD-8929 (toll free). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access these numbers via TTY by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
Resources for PHAs
The following links provide helpful information and resources for PHAs in applying for this funding:
- Supportive Services and Partnering Agencies - This link provides a list of contact information for MFP Grantee Contacts, supportive service agencies (Waiver Services) and state health agencies in both MFP and non-MFP states
- MFP Q&A - A Q and A for Public Housing Agencies on the Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration
- Medicaid Primer - A guide to the Medicaid program for housing professionals
- Transition Process Flowchart (Coming Soon) - The processes and decisions that need to take place for a person to be successfully transitioned from an institution into the community
Resources for Partnering Agencies